YANGON – BAGAN – MANDALAY – INLE LAKE – YANGON
During this 8 days journey, you will enjoy a combination tour of culture, nature and ways of life of Myanmar people. This tour gives you an experience to enjoy rural lives and friendly ethnic groups of Myanmar in additional to the tourist sites.
Start City :Yangon
End City :Yangon
Duration : 8 days 7 nights
Private Tour : Departure daily upon your request
Transportation : Flights, Private Car, Private Boat, Pony Cart
Day 1: Departure
Welcomed by our guide and transfer to your hotel. After refreshment , start sightseeing by walking around the city center to enjoy the city being busy with the sellers on the street , the pedestrians and Colonial Style buildings. The whole day is the brief tour to famous Landmarks ,
– CHAUKHATKYI PAGODA , the colossal reclining Buddha and
– BOTATHAUNG PAGODA overlooked the pleasant water front of the river
– KARAWEIK HALL & ROYAL LAKE for Photo stop
– Explore BOGYOKE MARKET (SCOTT MARKET) which is the best place for shopping in our country.
– Enjoy sunset at SHWEDAGON PAGODA , the soul of Yangon.
– Overnight in Yangon.
After early breakfast at the hotel, we will leave bustle Yangon city with flight to Bagan(about 1 hour and 20 minutes) . On arrival, welcome by our guide and start Bagan sightseeing. This sightseeing offers a close observation to the daily life of Myanmar people at a market and the rich architecture at the most famous pagodas in Bagan. At first, Bagan sightseeing starts with busy NYAUNG-U MARKET which is a local market in the village of NyaungOo to the northeast of Bagan. The NyaungOo Market provides great photo opportunity, and also the chance for tourists to mingle with the local Myanmar people, and watch how they conduct their daily lives. Then enjoy the rest of your time dedicated to discovering Bagan temps.
The main highlights are
– SHWE-ZIGON PAGODA, the prototype of later Myanmar stapes
– KYAN-SIT-THA U-MIN, a tunnel with attractive mural paintings
– ANANDA TEMPLE, the architectural masterpiece of a millennium
– THAT-BYIN-NYU TEMPLE, the tallest in Bagan
– DHAMMA-YANGYI TEMPLE, famous for its fine brick works
– LACQUARE WORKSHOP
– In the evening, enjoy breathtaking view of Bagan from SHWE-SAN-DAW PAGODA.
– Overnight in Bagan.
Since it is your second day in Bagan, sightseeing will be done by bike and pony carts to get another taste.
After breakfast at hotel, start sightseeing
– HTILO-MINLO TEMPLE, a double-storied building with artistic stucco works;
– GAWDAW-PALIN TEMPLE, famous for its colorful glazed plaques,
– GU-BYAUK-KYI (MYIN-KA-BAR),famous for its mural paintings of Jataka scenes;
– MANUHA TEMPLE, built by the captive Mon King Manuha;
– NAN-PAYA, a temple believed to be the residence of Mon King Maunha;
After lunch visit AH SHAY PHWAR SAW village by pony cart. It is a perfect village to enjoy how Myanmar people struggle their lives. There one can enjoy the women using a traditional spinning loom to make shawls. Explore the village. This visit will provide an insight into real rural lives of Myanmar people.
Then enjoy panoramic sunset view of Bagan at PYA THAT GYI.
Overnight in Bagan.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport to take flight to Mandalay(30 minutes). On arrival , start sightseeing. Today sightseeing is dedicated to enjoying surrounding cities of Mandalay. The most fascinating visit for you is the time watching the monks during worship time and enjoying their daily meal at MAHA-GANDAR-YONE MONASTERY.
Then proceed to Sagaing. On the way, visit SILK WEAVING CENTER.
Sagaing main highlights are
– KAUNG-MHU-DAW PAGODA, an enormous dome shaped pagoda ,
– SAGAING HILLS, where lots of Buddhist monasteries are situated. From there, the view is spectacular – you will see the Ayeywarwady River, numerous pagodas and monasteries. Major tourist attraction in Sagaing Hill is U MIN THONZE Pagoda, one of the more distinctive complexes.
Next stop is Inwa. There you need to take pony cart to visit
27-metre-high Masonry Watch Tower, NANMYINT (or) the ”Leaning Tower of In-wa”;
BAGAYA MONASTERY built with 276 teak pillars and observe Myanmar tradition Alms bowls workshop. Evening highlights is U BEIN BRIDGE – built of teak logs and planks over 200 years ago by the Mayor U Bein. You can enjoy sunset there.
Overnight in Mandalay.
After breakfast at the hotel, start sightseeing. Immerse yourselves on a boat tour along Ayerwaddy River to visit Mingun. Then continue walking tour in Mingun . The main highlights are
– PONDAW PAYA, a five meter high working model for gigantic structure;
– SETTAWYA PAYA, the vaulted shrine with a footprint of the Buddha;
– MINGUN PAHTOTAWGYI PAYA, one of the world’s largest chides built by BodawPaya.
– MINGUN BELL, weighing 90 tons known as the world largest ringing bell;
HSINBYUME PAYA also known as MYA THEIN TAN PAGODA, a representation of the SulamaniPaya which stands atop Mt. Meru.
Then come back to Mandalay by boat. After lunch, spend your whole afternoon by visiting major sites in Mandalay. Sightseeing for Mandalay will include most of the city’s outstanding historical and cultural sites
– MAHAMUNI PAGODA, famous for its life like Buddha image
– MARBLE SCULPTURE
– GOLD LEAF MAKING CENTRE;
– KU-THO-DAW PAGODA, known as the world’s biggest book;
– SHWE-NANDAW MONASTERY (GOLDEN MONASTERY), famous for its wood carving; and
– KYAUK-TAW-GYI PAGODA, with a huge image of Buddha carved out of a single marble boulder
Evening highlights is MANDALAY HILL where you can enjoy sunset and 360 degree view of Mandalay from the top.
Overnight in Mandalay.
After early breakfast at hotel, transfer to the airport to take flight to Heho(30 minutes). On arrival, our guide will welcome you and then continue to NyaungShwe by private car(1 hour) and transfer to your hotel.
After refreshment, start Inlelake sightseeing by boat. This sightseeing offers an excellent opportunity to observe Myanmar rural life up-close. The rest of afternoon will be filled with visit to the
– PHAUNG-DAW-OO PAGODA, the most important symbol of religion of Shan State
– NGA-PHE-CHAUNG MONASTERY , attractive wooden monastery
– FLOATING VILLAGES (INNPAW KHONE, POUK PAR, YWA MA, KHAR TAW)
A visit to these sights provides deep insight into how the people on the lake make their livings. So you can enjoy Unique One Leg rowers, their traditional fishing style, Loctus and silk weaving, boat making and cheroot making.
Overnight in NyaungShwe or On the lake.
After breakfast at hotel, take one hour boat drive to Indein. And take a short trek to Indein Pagoda. On the way, you can enjoy the serene atmosphere as you wander through artfully scattered 8th century Pagodas in ruins covered by trees and bushes. Then observe Intha tribes Village lives and enjoy the local market along the shore. And transfer to the airport to take flight to Yangon(3 hours). On arrival, transfer to the hotel.
Overnight in Yangon.
Leisure and transfer to the airport for your International Departure.